First National Bank of Omaha would like to thank the service men and women that protect our freedom and we want to help you understand your rights under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). The SCRA provides financial relief and protections to eligible military personnel serving on active duty. As an active duty member of the United States Military, you may be eligible for SCRA benefits and protections on the following products:
- Line of credit, credit card and installment loans.
- Mortgage and home equity secured loans.
- Consumer, commercial and small business loans.
Active duty members of the military, including those described below, who received their loan or credit prior to active service may be eligible for an interest rate reduction benefit and reduced payments. In addition, you may be protected from non-judicial foreclosure and repossession of property without a court order.
- Active duty in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard, including reservists serving on active duty.
- National Guard service for more than 30 consecutive days under federal orders issued by the President or Secretary of Defense.
- Commissioned officers of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration and Public Health Service on active service.
- First National Bank of Omaha may also extend certain benefits to the spouse of a covered servicemember, even if the servicemember is not on the account.
- First National Bank of Omaha may also extend certain benefits to full-time National Guard (AGR) servicemembers who are called to active service by the Governor or State command for more than 30 consecutive days.
- To apply for SCRA interest rate benefits, you must provide a copy of your military orders calling you to active duty service along with a cover letter requesting the benefit and if applicable, a marriage license. Please fax to 402-633-2520 or mail to: SCRA, 1620 Dodge Street Omaha, NE 68197-3153. You will receive a notification by mail once your request has been reviewed.
- Servicemembers have up to 180 days from the date military service is completed to request benefits and provide the above documentation.
- Your SCRA benefits do not relieve you of your responsibility to make your payments on time, nor do they prevent us from reporting past due payments to credit bureaus. If you're having trouble making your payments, please contact us so we can help you manage them.
- Although you're not required to, it is a good idea to alert lenders of your military status to receive foreclosure and repossession protections.
First National Bank of Omaha is committed to providing benefits above and beyond what is required under the SCRA. Please direct any questions to the SCRA Centralization Team at 800-393-5754 for more details.